Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Good news and bad news.

The good news is, we tested the multiple-source broadcast two weeks ago. It works...sort of. What works better than the tech is what we said to one another. This will be the most informative, interesting and fun show we can put together.

Another bit of good news. After a phone call and some stupid official business, our official URL's for Cartoon Geeks - that's cartoongeeks.com and others - all direct to this blog. That will keep people up to date until we're ready to start the podcast.

The bad news is, another roadblock has dropped in my lap. I'm expecting news that my mother will die in a few days, and I'll have to put my life on hold while I go to her funeral. And get through the grief of it. I've already cried some. I'll undoubtedly do some more. Even though this was a long time in coming (she has Alzheimer's, hasn't recognized her own children in a year, and she's 91 years old) it's one of those very difficult things for anyone to go through.

Interestingly, though, I found a little parable about grief, extracted from a guy's book. Here's the link:

The Flute Player - A Parable About Grief

I will be back, slightly sober and less humorous for a while, but I'll be back.