Sunday, September 26, 2010

Free ice cream from Murdoch won't erase facts...

Murdoch Ice Cream Truck 3

...Fox TV hasn't fielded a truly interesting TV show in their Animation Domination bloc for years.

I mean, let's get real here. The Simpsons is just plain played out, and has been for about a decade and a half. Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show? Three aspects of another played-out series by Seth McFarlane, which as anyone who's watched South Park has seen, is basically written at random. King Of The Hill is over, and Mike Judge is busy resuscitating Beavis and Butt-Head. (Please let it be a retro show, please, please, I want to see Daria Morgendorffer abuse B&B for her twisted psychological experiments again, and I'd like to see Quinn have to deal with B&B!)

The Fox PR girls who were there dropped hints of something new that might show up as a mid-season replacement, but they told me News Corp ninjas would drop in to my home and kill me in my sleep in the dead of night if I mentioned anything more so I'll leave it at that.

So even with that known, I accepted their "Death By Stewie" sundae creation (basically a hot fudge sundae with sprinkles) and it tasted that much better knowing it was free, I was being treated to it on Murdoch's dime, and that I was going to find the nearest hot spot and give the entire bloc a deserved razzing. I suppose that posting my phone pics of their truck gives them free publicity. But hey, that's entertainment.

Murdoch Ice Cream Truck 4

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,